Discoloration can make your teeth look appealing. In fact, more than 80% of Americans between the ages of 18 to 49 want whiter teeth. While the color of your teeth is not always an indicator of how good or bad your oral health is, discoloration is often seen as undesirable. Research shows that white teeth are often perceived as a sign of good genetics. A professional teeth whitening can help you achieve your desired smile and brighten your teeth in just one appointment. Consider what to eat after teeth whitening, in addition to what you should avoid to keep your teeth bright and white.
What To Eat After Teeth Whitening
It’s important to watch what you consume after a professional tooth whitening treatment. This is because your teeth can become slightly porous. This can temporarily expose your dentin (the layer just below your enamel). This is completely normal and will not impact the health of your teeth. However, it’s important to avoid foods that can stain your teeth during the first 48 hours after your teeth whitening in Riverside.
The White Diet
After a professional whitening treatment, stick to the “white diet.” This includes food that won’t stain your teeth to ensure your whitening results last. Consider eating the following foods after your whitening treatment.
- Protein: Fish, chicken, and tofu are great sources of protein after a whitening treatment. They can be easily seasoned and won’t impact your results.
- Carbs: Things like rice, bread, and pasta are great as they can easily be combined with fish, chicken, or tofu. While most grains are safe after your teeth whitening, you’ll want to avoid carbs that are darker in color as that can impact your whitening treatment.
- Dairy: When it comes to dairy, skip the artificial cheeses. You should also avoid cheeses that have a lot of color. In addition to light colored cheeses, you can also incorporate unflavored yogurt into your diet.
- Beverages: For optimal results, stick to water after your whitening treatment. Plain water can help flush out your mouth and protect your whitening results.
What To Avoid After Teeth Whitening
Foods that are acidic or highly pigmented should be avoided. Foods that are highly acidic or pigmented are more easily absorbed into your teeth after a whitening treatment. This can cause even more discoloration than before. While you don’t have to cut these foods out forever, avoid them for the first 48 hours after your whitening treatment. Additionally, consume them in moderation as it can help preserve your results.
- Coffee and tea
- Tomato-based sauces
- Curry-based sauces
- Balsamic vinegar
- Candy, chocolate, pastries, and sugary foods
- Dark fruits
Teeth Whitening Treatment
Teeth whitening treatment can dramatically improve your smile. This can benefit your personal and professional life as you can look as confident as you feel. The natural aging process, your diet, oral care routine, and harmful habits, such as smoking, can cause tooth discoloration. Avoid the embarrassment of yellow teeth and consider the major benefits of teeth whitening. Professional whitening treatments are both safe and effective when compared to at-home remedies. They also improve your smile much faster.
The first step begins with scheduling an appointment with a skilled dentist in Riverside. You can share your expectations and they can create a curated treatment plan to help you achieve your desired smile. While you will notice your results immediately, multiple treatments may be necessary to achieve your desired shade. The team at Tropic Dental care have helped countless patients improve their smile through teeth whitening and cosmetic dentistry. Contact their team today to schedule an appointment!